There are many active voluntary and community groups in Warwickshire who are working towards climate change and biodiversity goals. Embedded into their communities, they have a thorough understanding of the local needs and challenges in their areas. For those that involve volunteers, they also offer people an opportunity to engage with their community on a subject where they are often very knowledgeable, as well as passionate.
If you’d like to be more active on sustainability issues or are interested in learning more about the work of these groups, get in touch with them direct – they’d be delighted to hear from you.
If you know of any voluntary or community group that you think should be listed here, please let us know.
- A community interest company that supports people to access and engage with the outdoors.
- A local volunteer-based charity that aims to reduce the environmental impact of the Leamington and Warwick communities and raise awareness of the climate crisis and the benefits of sustainable living.
- A cross party group of councillors and residents working to improve air quality in the town.
- A group campaigning for Warwickshire to be a county where air quality is excellent, and people are prioritised over vehicles.
- A place where individuals and organisations in Coventry and the surrounding area can share ideas and learn what others are doing to fight climate change.
- Campaigning for better cycling facilities in Leamington Spa, Warwick, Kenilworth and surrounding areas.
- A free service that connects novice adult cyclists with experienced riders to build confidence cycling around the Warwickshire area.
- A group for anyone interested in green issues and living more sustainably.
- KEVG is a group of 100% Electric Vehicle (EV) owners based in Kenilworth.
- The Low Carbon Warwickshire Network aims to connect low carbon groups across the county, sharing ideas and stimulating and supporting new activity.
- A Stratford-upon-Avon group for community organisation against climate breakdown.
- A community-led group started in June 2019, focused on the idea of providing a sustainable future for the town.
- Warwickshire Climate Alliance is an umbrella organisation of Warwickshire environmental groups, devoted to pushing for stronger action within the county on the climate emergency.