Come and find out more about the funding available from Warwickshire County Council’s Green Shoots Climate Change Community Fund.
Do you have a project that will make a difference to Warwickshire's environment?
The Warwickshire County Council Green Shoots Community Climate Change Fund provides grant funding to community projects to mitigate against, and adapt to, the impact of climate change. It is aimed at community and voluntary organisations.
The Green Shoots Fund is designed to support community projects and initiatives that aim to achieve the following:
- Increase the adaptability and resilience of Warwickshire to the effects of climate change
- Reduce impacts on the environment, particularly regarding climate change
- Ensure funded projects benefit the wider Warwickshire community and are accessible to all.
Like any funding, there are certain general criteria which this Fund seeks to support. These include, but are not limited to:
- Mitigating or adapting to climate change
- Benefits to the local community and connections between other groups and projects
- Development of awareness in environmental issues and capacity building of local communities
- Legacy and long-term impacts
- Project risks and mitigation steps.
More applications are needed, particularly from the Nuneaton and Bedworth and North Warwickshire areas, so please come along to this online workshop to find out more and seek support putting your funding grant application together.
To register your attendance at the workshop and find out more, visit the Eventbrite page here.